Friday, September 30, 2011

W00t! Got to 'preview' MAC Glitter and Ice Holiday 2011 Collection


My freestanding MAC store is like Cheers--practically everyone there knows my name and calls it out when I walk in.  I love those gals and they always find a way to separate me from my money.  At times, having spent all that money comes in handy.

Such as getting an impromptu 'invite' to see the upcoming MAC Glitter and Ice Holiday 2011 collection.


[Photo credit & deetz: MAC Cosmetics via Beauty Insider]

 
Dropped into my usual MAC f/s store to get some pro palette e/s and was offered a private 'showing' of the Giltter and Ice collection!!!  Needless to say my initial 'buy' list has been shot to hell.
 
First off, I am loving the packaging on this collection.  Love the white/silver thing going on and the 'snowglobe' on the bags.  I didn't pay much attention to the palettes as I have a crapload of eyeshadows.  And by crapload I mean an IKEA Helmer drawer full of Z-Palettes.
 
Hells yes, you want, no you NEED the Shimmermint Mineralize Eye Shadow (MES)!  I swatched this on my skin and the MUAs were freaking out about how good it looked on me.  I can't recall any MAC shadow or MES that looks like this.  Very glittery, very pigmented, very much my style.  I swatched all the other MES except for the dark blue one but it's a safe bet I'm getting all of them.  Yes, they are that good.  Planning to get the Mineralize brush set (duo fibre) as well to go with these.
 
The paint pots are also gorgeous.  Definitely not a repeat of the Champale hot mess.  I was most impressed by Morning Frost and Let's Skate.  Morning Frost is a pretty shimmery light brown while Let's Skate is a frosty version of Painterly (not a true one but a nice alternative finish).  For Effect was okay but as I have MUFE Aqua Cream in #1 (Anthracite) I wasn't that drawn to it.  All three paint pots will serve as nice bases for the MES.

The Technakohl liners are very pretty.  The MUA called them Pearlglides but I think she made an honest mistake.  I'm skipping these as they aren't pearlglides and I'm loaded up on eyeliners from my last NARS haul.
 
The nail colors are nice.  I will tell you that the press photos of Unconditionally Fabulous do not do it justice.  There is multi-color pastel and bright glitter in it that looks amazing.  I'm definitely getting this.  
 
Out of the singular lipsticks, Eloquent Air wins hands-down.  It's a gorgeous glaze finish on par with Summer Shower from Fashion Flower collection.  Whirls and Twirls is also a pretty glaze.  Strangely I was drawn to the Soft Sable one but I wouldn't be upset leaving it behind for now. What Joy! is very beautiful but me and satin finishes don't get along.

Now the Dazzlelasses.  I've weaned myself off of these but SheZam and Pleasure Principle are so beautiful.  They would make any existing lipstick you have take on a holiday flair.  Both beauty powders are nice.  I honestly can't decide which one but as I have Briar Rose from VV I'm leaning towards How Beautiful.  May get the other simply for the packaging.

I did also see the palettes, brush sets and gift sets (MAC Ice Parade Collection For Holiday 2011) but none of the little globe & pigment sets (MAC Dazzlespheres Collection for Holiday 2011) and I'll post my impressions on those in another blog post.

Word from my MUA is around October 26th for the first wave to hit the stores.  Plenty of time for you to go find change in the seats of your car or couch for this collection.  

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for all the info! I'm definitely looking forward to owning Shimmermint. :D

    ReplyDelete